An existing outplacement client asked us to provide executive coaching to their senior management team, debriefing a 360-degree review they had taken, and writing individual executive development plans. After that, they asked us to provide a leadership retreat for the team.
This was our first proposal to the CEO. He decided he wanted to focus more on "corporate culture," so we revised the proposal, again and again. It took eight months to develop the outline to the CEO's satisfaction. The initial two-day meeting was reduced to one-day, and we included significant in-depth interviews with the executives prior to the retreat. We delivered the program for $18,000.
Goal – Build stronger and more cohesive leadership processes via disclosure, knowledge of key management behaviors, identification of areas for mutual support, and commitment to group and individual plans.
Format – Upbeat. The two days will be highly interactive and activity-oriented to promote the building of trust, openness, respect, and more direct communications. Structured 3-4 person operating teams and discussion groups. Small group case studies further enhance the learning. Buffet-style food breaks promote interaction. The process involves two levels of action planning: next steps individually, and next steps as a team.
DAY ONE: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Greetings, Review of Goals - President/CEO
- Welcome and Introductions
- Discussion of “Remember To’s”/ Group Agreements
- Johari Window (Communication activity about disclosure/nondisclosure of information about self and others)
- Cultural Alignment (What it is, where we are, how to get better.)
- “Basic Principles for a Collaborative Workplace”
- “Giving and Receiving Constructive Feedback”
- End of Day Review
DAY TWO: 8:30a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Giving Recognition”
- Core Electives: Participants choose one module to incorporate:
- “Personal Strategies for Navigating Change,” or
- “Coaching: Bringing Out the Best in Others,” or
- “Moving From Conflict to Collaboration.”
- Johari Window Revisited
- Cultural Alignment – What tools will support us?
- Team and Individual Planning – “Do more, do less, stop doing, keep doing.”
- Wrap-up and Next Steps
Professional Fees: $18,285.
$795.00 per participant or $18,285. (Minimum 20 participants.)
Includes three workbooks per participant. (Normally, $150 per participant or $3450.)