How to Work: What They Never Teach You In School
A Two-Day Learning Experience Sponsored by Barbara Brannen and Bob Heavers
“You’ve learned a lot in school . . . but schools never teach the success skills that matter most.
This one-of-a-kind course is a career-changer.” ~ Bill Frank, President/CEO of CareerLab®
Objective:To improve performance and quality of life by giving you the social, emotional and self-management skills required to work productively and succeed in today’s workplace. As a result of this course, you’ll accomplish extraordinary results and advance your career dramatically.
1. How Business Works – Mission, Vision and Values; creating competitive advantage; why and how to function as ‘one team’ with everybody onboard
2. Self-Awareness – Personal ‘balance’ and Values; turning intentions into action; discovering potential and living a purpose-driven life
3. Self-Defeating Behaviors – Identifying and putting an end to destructive beliefs, walls and self-defeating behaviors; replace blame and excuses with personal responsibility
4. Usefulness to Others – Playing to your own and others’ strengths; building trust and believing in something bigger than self; becoming indispensable
5. Managing Time and Priorities – Managing a heavy workload and exceeding expectations without feeling overwhelmed; eliminate ‘time wasters’; stay in control
6. Managing Email and Other People’s Priorities – Email ‘best practices’; daily planning; managing interruptions; teaching others ‘how to fish’
7. People Skills – A taste of Social Styles ‘key characteristics’; building highly productive relationships; embracing diversity; becoming highly versatile
8. Collaborating with Others – Abundance thinking; productive meetings; solving problems; playing ‘win/win’; tackling projects collaboratively
9. Tolerance - Coping Skills - Overcoming obstacles; productive boundaries; style differences; shifting priorities; ineffective leadership; conquering gossip
10. Improving Continuously – Embracing change; learning from success, as well as mistakes; building competitive advantage; winning support for great ideas.
Designed for: Anyone who wants to live and work more productively. Highly recommended for anyone looking to be more successful in their current position, for people who are just coming onboard a new organization, and for recent college graduates.
When: Wednesday and Thursday, February 24-25, 2010
Where: South Denver Cardiology Center (Main Training Room)
1000 South Park Drive, Littleton, CO 80120-5665
Tuition: $295 per person ($750 for three attendees). Continental breakfast and lunch included.
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (both days)
Dress: Business Casual
“I’m trying to think why this isn’t a really good idea . . .
and it’s a really good idea. This makes sense. This is cool!”
~George Bogdewiecz, former Vice President of Human Resources, Great-West Life